- 1 package extra-firm tofu
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- ½ inch piece of ginger, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- Pinch of turmeric powder/haldi
- Pinch of red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder (optional)
- 1½ tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
Scramble the tofu and keep aside.
Heat oil in a frying pan. First add the cumin and brown them, then add the onions and fry until they soften.
Add the ginger and green chilies and fry for a few seconds, then add the tomatoes and fry until the tomatoes become soft.
Sprinkle the turmeric powder, red chili powder, and garam masala and stir. Then add the scrambled tofu and stir well.
Sauté for 3–4 minutes. Season with salt, then add coriander leaves and stir.
Serve tofu bhurji hot with some bread or rotis or as a side dish with dal-rice or veg curry-rice combo.
Recipe courtesy of: